Taffeta dress update – tacking done

I spent a couple of hours yesterday tacking up the dress for the first fitting today.  First I had to tack the chiffon to the blouse taffeta silk and then piece it together. 

My darling mum fitted it today for me, (first I had to re-tack the sleeves).  We decided to take in the skirt quite a bit so it is more like a pencil skirt.  The length will be just below the knee.  She added some more shaping to the blouse, which I will have to change on the pattern blocks.  We have decided to keep a central panel of the taffeta in the front, more than you can see on my dummy.  This looks very flattering and the extra gathers in the chiffon at the back allows you to see the shape of the skirt underneath.  I am very excited about this dress and can’t wait to work some more on it.

Uncategorized

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s