A couple of months ago whilst browsing in my favourite charity shop, I came across a 1970’s handmade maxi skirt. I think the material may have been a tablecloth as it felt like either linen or cotton drill. I took it home washed it to get rid of any whiffs and marks and then unpicked the seams. I used my skirt block to cut a simple A line skirt which stops on the knee. After sewing the side seams and trying on I found that there was one slight mark to the front. To hide this, I am going to use the same flower from a scrap, satin stitch around the edge and applique it to the skirt attaching it with a beautiful red button. Here it is ready to be cut out.