Jubilee Skirt

A couple of months ago whilst browsing in my favourite charity shop, I came across a 1970’s handmade maxi skirt.  I think the material may have been a tablecloth as it felt like either linen or cotton drill.  I took it home washed it to get rid of any whiffs and marks and then unpicked the seams.  I used my skirt block to cut a simple A line skirt which stops on the knee.  After sewing the side seams and trying on I found that there was one slight mark to the front.   To hide this, I am going to use the same flower from a scrap, satin stitch around the edge and applique it to the skirt attaching it with a beautiful red button.  Here it is ready to be cut out.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s